ABT-1000 AIR TURBINE
- Ideal for extremely high precision, small diameter machining applications.
- Air bearings use compressed air blown into a small gap between the spindle and the bearing surface. The spindle floats on an even cushion of compressed air. This non-contact type of bearing means the spindle has a very long service life because of low friction and wear; it also means that the spindle generates almost no heat or vibration.
- The spindle and bearing are finished with a very high-accuracy process to ensure extremely low vibration and very high rotating accuracy.
- The ABT Series are equipped with a Rotational Speed Detection Sensor. When in operation, a digital pulse signal representing the RPM can be output. The rotation speed and load condition can be monitored using a high performance, locally available speed meter.
|Spindle Accuracy||Within 1 μm|
|Standard Size Collet (CHA-3.175)||ø1/8"|
|Main Body Mount Method||Outside Mounting Diameters Clamp Method|
|Bearing Type||Static Air Bearing|
|Proper Air Pressure for Air Bearing||80 PSI|
|Air Consumption for Air Bearing||Less than 1.77 CFM|
|Proper Air Pressure for Air Turbine||80 PSI|
|Air Consumption for Air Turbine||4.24 CFM|
|Bearing Load Capacity||Radial : Less than 20N
Thrust : Less than 35N
(Bearing Air supply pressure 80 PSI)
|Useable Max. Diameter of Grindstone||Less than ø2.0 mm (For ø4.0 mm shank)|
|Hose Diameter||Bearing supply ø6 mm (1 location)
Turbine Air supply ø6 mm (2 locations)
|Other||Rotational Speed Detection Sensor with
5 meter cable
Air Line Kit (for Air Bearing Spindles)
- The AL-A0611 is a high filtered Air Line Kit utilizing a 0.01µm micro mist filter system for NRAF-5080 Air Bearing Spindles combined with the NE211 (E3000) Control Unit.
- This Air Line Kit is highly recommended for use on all Xpeed Series Air Turbine/Air Bearing motor/spindles.